About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
I am a writer, photographer and musician living in Los Angeles. In the last few years, new written work--numerous plays, screenplays, and two novels--have demonstrated this to be the most productive period of my life. The journal I have also kept for thirty-five years has, of late, become a personal sounding board for my thoughts on peace and the state of the world...about which I remain hopelessly optimistic! My writing here will be in tandem to video "Peace Talks" I have recorded, and which will be released throughout 2011. You're welcome to visit my website, the "Studio 5" link, to see my photographs. As a classically-trained pianist, I have been composing music all my life. Two guitar re-mixes of piano music are attached here, as well as several music videos, including "Consider Peace" the title track of an up-coming CD. Balancing writing, photography and music has been a long and challenging path...not to be recommended! Yet this very Aries diversity reflects an enthusiasm for the modern world of which I feel very much a part.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

"Making matters."

Artist Ann Hamilton said it. "Making matters." Just talking about doing something is not the same as the experience of actually doing it. Life, lived to its fullest, is the experience of living, not sitting around waiting to respond to outward circumstances. "Making it happen" is what activates our imaginations and our souls. BEING that which we want to be is, ironically, the state from which what we want to happen WILL happen. (What is faith, after all, but putting the cart before the horse!)

But as I always say, "Life is a life's work." To "have it now" (as the actress Cloris Leachman told me forty years ago about realizing my dreams), can sometimes take a lifetime. It sure has for me! Like everyone, I'm still in a state of becoming. Hell, we're all just making it up anyway, aren't we? Sometimes our best laid plans fall flat as a pancake. Yet another day unfolds, and that's the meaning of "World Without End". There's no shortage of time in the universe, or in our souls. Sure, life is short, but from a soul standpoint, there's no end in sight. Go boldly! Be that which you aspire to be--not aspire to have, but BE--now!
All the best for 2011. Good luck....we'll need that, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment