About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
I am a writer, photographer and musician living in Los Angeles. In the last few years, new written work--numerous plays, screenplays, and two novels--have demonstrated this to be the most productive period of my life. The journal I have also kept for thirty-five years has, of late, become a personal sounding board for my thoughts on peace and the state of the world...about which I remain hopelessly optimistic! My writing here will be in tandem to video "Peace Talks" I have recorded, and which will be released throughout 2011. You're welcome to visit my website, the "Studio 5" link, to see my photographs. As a classically-trained pianist, I have been composing music all my life. Two guitar re-mixes of piano music are attached here, as well as several music videos, including "Consider Peace" the title track of an up-coming CD. Balancing writing, photography and music has been a long and challenging path...not to be recommended! Yet this very Aries diversity reflects an enthusiasm for the modern world of which I feel very much a part.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

So, here it is...

Below is the first of my "Peace Talks", twenty-six of which, with the help of my most capable friend Matteo Zanetti, have already been recorded, and will be released bi-weekly through the year, both here and on YouTube.

As I've said before, all this is just a shout into the darkness; one lone voice with a few ideas suggesting ways to heal our ailing world. Because one thing's for sure: as one observes the political shenanigans in Washington (and in most places, alas), whatever they're doing is not about solving fundamental problems. They best any of us can hope for from our politicians is another shaky buttress to forestall collapse of the entire house of cards--social, political, financial and ecological--which we've created from beliefs and constructs that clearly are NOT taking us to where we've always said we want to go: to a world of peace, love and unity.

We know we can do better. We know there is another way. We just can't seem to decide on what...and how. I suggest we start not by DOING anything. For all our best intentions--even in the name of God!--we can't seem, as a race, to head off a trajectory of tragic consequences. But by BEING loving; by recognizing and embracing our inherent Oneness, then acting on that new sense of Who We Are, the healing we crave, and its beautiful results, will come...naturally. All this could start right now if we start considering peace...at least consider it!

No comments:

Post a Comment