About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
I am a writer, photographer and musician living in Los Angeles. In the last few years, new written work--numerous plays, screenplays, and two novels--have demonstrated this to be the most productive period of my life. The journal I have also kept for thirty-five years has, of late, become a personal sounding board for my thoughts on peace and the state of the world...about which I remain hopelessly optimistic! My writing here will be in tandem to video "Peace Talks" I have recorded, and which will be released throughout 2011. You're welcome to visit my website, the "Studio 5" link, to see my photographs. As a classically-trained pianist, I have been composing music all my life. Two guitar re-mixes of piano music are attached here, as well as several music videos, including "Consider Peace" the title track of an up-coming CD. Balancing writing, photography and music has been a long and challenging path...not to be recommended! Yet this very Aries diversity reflects an enthusiasm for the modern world of which I feel very much a part.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Making Music

On Tuesday I went into the recording studio for five hours to lay down some of my original piano music (forty years in the making!). Interesting that even the oldest pieces don't sound dated; in fact, Scott Fraser, the recording engineer was completely surprised that some of the work was not written just this year; then said something interesting: that melodies don't date, and my music is very melodic. True enough.
Part of the recording time included my assistant Matteo Zanetti video taping two of the pieces: "Consider Peace", the title track, and one other breezy little number called "Driving with Andy". Fully-cut (and visually tweaked) videos of both should show up here--and on YouTube--very soon.
Also on YouTube, the first of my "Peace Talks" will be released on January 1st, and string out at regular intervals through 2011, snowballing, I hope, as we continue to get the word out about embracing Oneness and the Peace which WILL result...if we believe it's possible. It all starts by...you guessed it: considering peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment