About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
I am a writer, photographer and musician living in Los Angeles. In the last few years, new written work--numerous plays, screenplays, and two novels--have demonstrated this to be the most productive period of my life. The journal I have also kept for thirty-five years has, of late, become a personal sounding board for my thoughts on peace and the state of the world...about which I remain hopelessly optimistic! My writing here will be in tandem to video "Peace Talks" I have recorded, and which will be released throughout 2011. You're welcome to visit my website, the "Studio 5" link, to see my photographs. As a classically-trained pianist, I have been composing music all my life. Two guitar re-mixes of piano music are attached here, as well as several music videos, including "Consider Peace" the title track of an up-coming CD. Balancing writing, photography and music has been a long and challenging path...not to be recommended! Yet this very Aries diversity reflects an enthusiasm for the modern world of which I feel very much a part.

Friday, December 3, 2010

A dream I had.

I dreamed last night about a sky dense with stars, where all the astrological signs were imprinted in clearly-delineated clusters, vivid and bright and awe-inspiring. I was reminded of my friend Matteo Zanetti explaining in his vivid logic that he didn’t think peace was possible. It made me look again at what I’m doing here with this blog, these posts, and the numerous short “Peace Talks” I’m currently recording on video, which will spread out over the weeks and months of 2011.

I am trying to inspire peace. Yes, it can seem extremely illogical in the face of the relentless devolution going on in the world…for all our best intentions as individuals. My Peace Talks speak of a seemingly idyllic dream: a world that embraces Oneness with peace being the inevitable result. Is it illogical? Maybe this dreamer’s aspiration is just what we need right now. Of course there are a million reasons “why not”; but believing is seeing. If we don’t start believing that peace is possible, then no seeds will be planted.

That is all I’m doing: planting seeds of hope that peace IS possible in a world that feels hopelessly stuck in beliefs that just aren’t working. We know we can do better, but we can’t seem to get out of our own way to affect lasting change; to create that state of peaceful co-existence we’ve dreamed of for thousands of years. Is it too late? If we believe it is, that will be the result.

But if enough people start to believe in peace—just consider it!—we will begin to see it, of that I’m sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment